Our attorneys serve as both advocates and arbitrators in domestic arbitrations before the American Arbitration Association, JAMS, and other arbitral institutions involving contract, business tort, insurance coverage, and other commercial disputes. As advocates, we bring decades of domestic litigation and trial experience to the table, adjusting our strategies to maximize their effectiveness in the domestic arbitration forum. Our experience as arbitrators makes us better advocates as we understand how arbitrators think and what points are likely to be most persuasive.
- Obtained defense judgment on $23 million contract claim against large international food products company after two week arbitration trial under the California Arbitration Act, by proving that the contracts in suit were forged.
- Represented global technology company in unfair competition and intellectual property dispute
- Negotiated favorable settlement of JAMS arbitration involving allocation of multimillion dollar contingent fee award between U.S. and overseas counsel.
- Served as sole AAA arbitrator in dispute involving insurance coverage in the agricultural industry.
- Served as sole AAA arbitrator in dispute about legal fees under the Commercial Expedited Rules.
- Served as one of three AAA arbitrators in dispute between large multi-level marketing company and former VP for Asia operations.
- Served as one of three arbitrators in dispute under CPR Non-Administered Rules arising from agreement to develop tax preparation software.
Attorneys: Grant L. Kim, Phillip F. Shinn, Arnold Barba, Pio S. Kim, Bryan King Sheldon, Jungji Choi, Bethany J. Peak
Related Practice Areas: