LimNexus employment attorneys are trusted by Fortune 500 companies, multinational corporations, mid-sized businesses, and governmental entities. We are ever-mindful of our clients’ business considerations and reputational issues that arise from employment matters. Our employment practice team has talented and highly experienced litigators and trial attorneys with a track record of obtaining favorable results. We represent employers and managers in a wide variety of labor and employment litigation including claims for:
- Discrimination: Disability, Race, National Origin, Gender, Religion, Marital Status
- Harassment and Sexual Harassment
- Retaliation and Wrongful Termination
- Wage and Hour: Overtime, Meal and Rest Breaks, Misclassification
- Accommodations, and Medical and Family Leaves
- Arbitrations and Mediations
- Labor Code sections 132(a), 4453, 1102.5
We believe that early and candid case assessments are essential for effectively handling employment cases. We partner with our clients to reach a consensus regarding the appropriate approach and strategy to obtain the best possible outcome. This assessment process is ongoing during the life of the case, and the case may move from one track to another depending on case developments.
Our goal is to reduce the exposure to our clients, including the financial risk and expense of defending litigation, and potential branding and public relations implications, by resolving appropriate cases by settlement or mediation when reasonably possible. If, however, resolution is not practicable, our employment practice team has the acumen and experience to deliver favorable outcomes by dispositive motions and at jury trials. A representative list of results obtained by our attorneys during the course of their careers at LimNexus and prior law firms is below:
- Obtained defense verdict in jury trial against claims of race discrimination and wrongful termination by an African American insurance marketing professional. Plaintiff claimed that just before termination his supervisor sent him a racially derogatory photograph of a monkey and revoked his authority for handling large accounts.
- Represented a police department and supervisor sued by police officers in three successive lawsuits for discrimination, harassment, and retaliation related to denial of promotions over a 10-year period. Lead counsel in two jury trials. In first trial prevailed on plaintiffs’ discrimination claims. In second trial plaintiff obtained a modest verdict on retaliation claims; however, obtained a complete reversal on appeal based upon the same arguments originally asserted in defense JNOV motion. Obtained attorney’s fees plus costs judgment against plaintiff.
- Obtained defense verdict for a national auto parts distributor in a multi-plaintiff action alleging unpaid overtime.
- Obtained summary judgment and a finding that the lawsuit was frivolous in favor of a county against claims by an HR investigator who sued for FEHA disability discrimination, failure to engage in the interactive process and failure to accommodate based upon her visual impairment and job-related injuries to upper extremities, claiming the performance standards were unreasonable.
- Represented a restaurant franchisee in a wage and hour class action by employees at numerous locations.
- Represented a security services contractor in a wage and hour class action involving the enforceability of on duty meal period agreements.
Related Practice Areas: