Cross-border disputes between parties from different countries have been at the heart of our practice for decades. We have achieved excellent results for both overseas and domestic clients in numerous cross-border disputes in the U.S. federal and state courts. We have specific expertise with the special rules that apply in cross-border disputes and understand how to help foreign parties to navigate the U.S. legal system successfully.
- Obtained favorable settlement for Korean supplier of solar panel manufacturing equipment in complex dispute that involved contract and intellectual property claims in federal court and related bankruptcy proceedings.
- Served as counsel to Fortune 50 entertainment conglomerate in dispute over license for use of characters on consumer goods.
- Represented foreign companies in multiple contract and business tort disputes with U.S. distributors and business partners.
- Obtained multimillion dollar federal court judgment enforcing Chinese arbitral award in favor of our client.
- Obtained multimillion dollar judgment from California court recognizing Korean court judgment against former executive of global corporation
- Advised multiple foreign suppliers to global retailers on force majeure issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Obtained order under 28 U.S.C. § 1782 compelling third parties to provide discovery for use in arbitration and litigation in China.
Related Practice Areas: