LimNexus is exceptionally strong in international arbitration, which requires special expertise that is distinct from court litigation and domestic arbitration. Our attorneys have served as arbitrators or counsel in numerous international arbitrations in the U.S., Asia, and Europe under the rules of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR), American Arbitration Association, JAMS, Korean Commercial Arbitration Board (KCAB), CPR Institute for Conflict Prevention and Dispute Resolution, and International Council for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). We combine the international arbitration expertise of a big international law firm with the more reasonable rates and responsive service of a boutique firm.
- Counsel in a large ICC arbitration in Hong Kong and related proceedings arising from a billion dollar M&A deal involving parties from Korea and China.
- Obtained favorable arbitral award for Chinese investor in U.S. aviation company in ICDR arbitration in Hong Kong.
- Secured favorable arbitral award for California biotech company in ICC arbitration in Switzerland arising from termination of a patent license.
- Defended Korean company in ICDR arbitration involving alleged defects in lithium ion polymer batteries for electric motorcycles and related product recall claim.
- Counsel in large ICSID arbitration involving offshore oil exploration and drilling rights.
- Chaired ICDR tribunal in patent indemnity dispute between major semiconductor companies from the U.S. and Asia.
- Served as sole arbitrator in two separate technology license disputes between companies from the U.S. and Asia under the rules of the ICDR and KCAB.
- Chaired ICDR tribunal in dispute arising from investments by foreign nationals in hotel redevelopment project pursuant to the EB-5 visa program.
Related Practice Areas: