Ever increasing regulations all over the world and rapid globalization of business create many unseen pitfalls for the unwary. LimNexus attorneys specialize in addressing these pitfalls for individuals and companies engaged in multi-jurisdiction business, especially in the Pacific Rim countries.
- Persuaded the federal authorities to decline to indict individual officers of one of the largest food suppliers to the US Department of Defense and to enter into a non-prosecution agreement with the supplier while settling the False Claim Act case against the supplier.
- Convinced the state authorities to not charge individual officers of one of the largest food packaging companies in the US, a subsidiary of a Korean parent, and accept a corporate plea for the least significant charge, which was later expunged.
- Convinced the federal prosecutors to recommend non-prosecution of the CFO of a company whose president pled quilt to tax evasion and customs fraud and agreed to pay $118 million in unpaid tax and penalties.
- Persuaded the federal authorities to decline to indict a city official investigated by FBI for bribery allegedly taken by him and a city councilman.
- Persuaded the federal authorities to decline the prosecution referral for commercial smuggling against a large international importer of alcoholic beverages.
Related Practice Areas: