Mark Hansen is a trial attorney whose practice focuses on complex business matters. These include alleged breaches of large commercial and government contracts and related business torts. Such contracts have included agreements for the purchase of commercial aircraft and telecommunications satellites, technology transfer agreements and supplier contracts. Mr. Hansen also specializes in providing pre-litigation counseling to clients to assist them in minimizing the risk of litigation.
In addition to complex commercial litigation, Mr. Hansen has extensive experience litigating trade secret misappropriation and unfair competition cases, as well as product liability disputes ranging from relatively small design/manufacturing defect cases to litigation arising out of mass tort disasters. Mr. Hansen also excels in providing guidance and counseling on legal ethics and professional responsibility.
Mr. Hansen is an effective writer and oral advocate. He emphasizes a straight-forward approach to litigation, which helps to keep the development and implementation of case strategy efficient and cost-effective. A key element of his approach involves frequent and prompt communication with his clients.
Mr. Hansen has conducted or supervised cases in state and federal courts throughout the United States. Additionally, he is well-versed in alternative dispute resolution techniques, such as arbitration and mediation.
Mr. Hansen is a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Professional Responsibility and Ethics Committee, and has given numerous presentations on legal ethics and professional responsibility issues. He has also given seminars on civil procedure rules and strategy applicable to pre-trial and trial proceedings.
Mr. Hansen is based in Los Angeles.
- Liability for Aiding and Abetting Breach of Fiduciary Duty Upheld on Appeal, Lim Ruger Newsletter, Lim, Ruger & Kim, LLP, May, 2014
- Selling Mixed-Use Property? Don’t Forget the Transfer Disclosure Statement, Lim Ruger Newsletter, Lim, Ruger & Kim, LLP, April, 2014
- Lessons From Patton Boggs Defamation Case, Law 360, Portfolio Media, November 26, 2013
- Hey, I Thought We Had An Agreement: California Appellate Court Allows Party to Seek Attorney’s Fees in Trade Secret Case, Trading Secrets, June 6, 2013
- U.S. Counsels Cross-Border Consistency in Criminal Consequences for Trade Secret Theft, Trading Secrets, October 3, 2013
- California Decision Expands Companies’ Ability to Bring UCL Claims Against Competitors, Client Alert, April 12, 2013
- New California Decision Will Make it More Difficult to Enforce Integrated Written Contracts, Management Alert, January 28, 2013
- Joint Defense/Common Interest Doctrine in California, Association of Business Trial Lawyers Report, Vol. XXVII No. 2, Spring, 2005
Past Employment Positions
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP, Los Angeles, California, Senior Counsel
- Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal LLP, Los Angeles, California, Partner
- California, 1984
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1986
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1987
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1994