Jessica E. Bradley
Jessica Bradley focuses her practice in the areas of employment law and commercial litigation. She has extensive experience representing private and public entities in employment matters involving claims of discrimination (based on disability, race, national origin and sex), harassment, retaliation and wrongful termination, in state and federal courts and in administrative proceedings. She also conducts employment investigations and provides counsel on risk analysis and compliance. In addition, Ms. Bradley has successfully represented clients in complex commercial, real estate and environmental matters.
- New York
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Defended private and public entities in all aspects and stages of employment actions in state and federal courts, and in administrative proceedings including the California Department of Labor, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the County of Los Angeles Civil Service Commission (#8220; CSC#8221)
- Defended clients in matters involving discrimination, harassment and retaliation under Title VII of the U.S. Civil Rights Act of 1964, the California Fair Employment & Housing Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a public entity employer in federal court against a plaintiff who claimed 10 counts of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and failure to accommodate, on the basis of disability. Handled all aspects from the CSC appeal through the 9th Circuit appeal.
- Defended real estate owners, developers and surety companies against various claims brought by contractors and subcontractors relating to large residential and commercial development projects financed by Lehman Brothers.
- Second chaired a trial involving surety claims brought by a contractor against labor and material bonds on a large development project. The matter resulted in a published decision in our client #8217's favor: Nissho of California, Inc. v. Bond Safeguard Insurance Co. (2013) 220 Cal.App.4th 974.
- Second chaired three week jury trial involving inverse condemnation, breach of contract, and negligence claims against public and private entities relating to a road widening construction project. The trial resulted in a verdict/judgment in excess of $1 million in favor of our clients.
- Defended corporations in connection with environmental actions under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (#8220; CERCLA #8221;) and analogous state statutes arising from groundwater contamination claims in the Rialto-Colton Groundwater Basin and the Orange County South Basin.
Past Employment Positions
- Economic Advisor, U.S. Department of State, Guangzhou, China
- Commercial Service Analyst, U.S. Department of Commerce, Shanghai, China
- Compliance Specialist, California Office of Trade and Investment, Taipei, Taiwan
- Nissho of California, Inc. v. Bond Safeguard Insurance Co., 2013, 220 Cal.App.4th 974