Jane Kespradit is an experienced litigator representing corporate clients and business owners in complex commercial and employment litigation. In the commercial litigation context, she has successfully prosecuted and defended actions involving unfair competition, contract disputes, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, real estate disputes, and recognition of foreign country money judgments. In the employment litigation context, Ms. Kespradit has defended management and favorably resolved discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour, and wrongful termination claims. She handles and is involved in all stages of litigation, including trial and appellate work.
Ms. Kespradit’s leadership and pro bono work have included: co-founding and serving as a founding officer of the Thai American Bar Association (TABA); serving as a board member of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Los Angeles County (APABA); volunteering for the Los Angeles County Bar Association Domestic Violence Project; and organizing a multi-year series of panels focused on developing and recognizing career successes of women in the legal profession. She currently serves as TABA’s President and sits on APABA’s Board of Governors.
Ms. Kespradit earned her J.D. from the University of San Francisco School of Law and her B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles. While attending law school, she served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Judge Tomar Mason (Ret.) of the San Francisco Superior Court.
Ms. Kespradit is based in Los Angeles.
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- Organized and monitored panel titled “[email protected]: How Women Approach Business Relationship.”, September 11, 2014
- Organized and monitored panel titled “[email protected]: Gender Stereotypes at the Bargaining Table.”, August 20, 2015
- Organized and monitored panel titled “[email protected]: Flex-Time, Flex-Place, Flex-Bias.”, July 14, 2017
- MCLE panelist on “Blowin’ Up – Human Trafficking: From Victim to Survivor”, April 12, 2019
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Domestic Violence Project, Past Volunteer
- Obtained summary judgment in a federal adversary proceeding resulting in a financial institution’s $3.5 million judgment against the debtor declared non-dischargeable.
- Achieved dismissal of a putative class action alleging misappropriation by a Korean corporate client after filing a motion to dismiss for forum non conveniens.
- Prevailed on a motion for summary judgment in a breach of contract, unjust enrichment and unfair competition action, resulting in dismissal of all claims against a retailer and importer of goods.
- Favorably resolved claims involving a real estate developer in a breach of contract, defamation and negligent misrepresentation action.
- Represented a foreign-country money judgment creditor in an action for recognition and enforcement of foreign money judgment in California.
- Preserved a creditor’s $5.4 million claim against a bankruptcy estate by successfully opposing a party’s motion to disallow the claim.
- Favorably resolved lawsuit against an aviation services provider involving alleged unpaid wages, retaliation and wrongful termination claims.
- Obtained court dismissal of a former employee’s age and race discrimination claims against a property management corporation after filing a motion for summary adjudication.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement for a national retailer against a lawsuit brought by a former employee alleging wrongful termination, discrimination, failure to accommodate, and harassment.
- Achieved early resolution of a former employee’s discrimination and failure to accommodate lawsuit against a national retailer.
Past Employment Positions
- Honorable Judge Tomar Mason (Ret.) of the San Francisco Superior Court, Extern