Jane Kespradit is an experienced litigator representing corporate clients and business owners in complex commercial and employment litigation. In the commercial litigation context, she has successfully prosecuted and defended actions involving unfair competition, business torts, contract disputes, and recognition of foreign country money judgments. In the employment context, Ms. Kespradit has litigated a broad range of matters including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, leave, wage and hour, and wrongful termination claims; and assisted employers with understanding California rules. She handles and is involved in all stages of litigation, including trial and appellate work.
Ms. Kespradit's leadership and pro bono work have included: co-founding and serving as a founding officer, and President, of the Thai American Bar Association; serving as a board member of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Los Angeles County; participating in the California Lawyers Association's Bar Leadership activities; volunteering for the Los Angeles County Bar Association Domestic Violence Project; and organizing a multi-year series of panels focused on developing and recognizing career successes of women in the legal profession.
Ms. Kespradit earned her J.D. from the University of San Francisco School of Law and her B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles. While attending law school, she served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Judge Tomar Mason (Ret.) of the San Francisco Superior Court.
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- “Blowin’ Up – Human Trafficking: From Victim to Survivor”, April 12, 2019
- “[email protected]: Flex-Time, Flex-Place, Flex-Bias”, July 14, 2017
- “[email protected]: Gender Stereotypes at the Bargaining Table”, August 20, 2015
- “[email protected]: How Women Approach Business Relationship”, September 11, 2014
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Domestic Violence Project, Past Volunteer
Past Employment Positions
- Honorable Judge Tomar Mason (Ret.) of the San Francisco Superior Court, Extern
- Represented multinational retail corporation against former and current employees’ claims of disability discrimination, age discrimination, medical leave and accommodation violations, retaliation, misclassification, and wrongful discharge
- Prepared summary adjudication motions, which resulted in favorable settlements of lawsuits alleging whistleblower retaliation, age and gender discrimination, harassment and wage and hour violation claims
- Litigated breach of contract and interference with business and contractual relations cases, as well as Trade Secret Act and Family and Medical Leave Act violations
- Negotiated early settlement of claims, thereby avoiding protracted litigation and securing favorable resolution for clients
- Prepared summary judgment motion in breach of contract, unjust enrichment and unfair competition lawsuit against retailer, which was granted and resulted in dismissal of all claims against client
- Represented, as part of a large team, a public utility company against personal injury, property damage and nuisance claims
- Resolved claims against developer in breach of contract, defamation and negligent misrepresentation action
- Prepared summary judgment motion in an adversary proceeding, which resulted in a $3.5 million judgment against the debtor declared non-dischargeable