Bryan Sheldon is a business trial lawyer. He co- chairs the ﬁrm’s Litigation Department and he served for many years as the firm’s Administrative Partner.
Mr. Sheldon litigates and tries complex disputes involving unfair competition, fraud and other business torts, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and unfair business practices. He also handles a wide variety of commercial contract disputes and employment litigation. In addition to trials, Mr. Sheldon’s practice includes arbitrations and appeals. Mr. Sheldon has served as lead or co- lead counsel on numerous class actions and has substantial experience with pre-trial provisional remedies such as temporary restraining orders, preliminary injunctions and writs of attachment. His commercial clients range from Fortune 50 multi- national corporations to regional businesses. They include domestic and foreign manufacturers, multi-national entertainment companies, international retailers and national and international trading companies.
Mr. Sheldon also represents real estate developers, commercial landlords, and lenders in lease disputes, fraud and contract claims regarding purchase and sale agreements, enforcement of security for real estate loans and other real estate related claims.
Mr. Sheldon has successfully handled many state and federal court appeals and writs. His published opinions include: Edamerica v. Superior Court (Jung), 114 Cal.App.4th 819 (2003); BII Finance Company Ltd. v. U-States Forwarding Services Corp., 95 Cal.App.4th 111 (2002); Avirex, Ltd. v. RTC, 876 F.Supp. 1135 (C.D.Cal. 1995); Bond v. U.S., 872 F.2d 898 (9th Cir. 1989); and U.S. v. Martinez, 837 F.2d 861 (9th Cir. 1988).
Mr. Sheldon has given seminars on employment topics such as wage and hour regulations, overtime pay, and avoidance of discrimination and harassment claims, on legislation relating to commercial lease transactions, and on trial presentation.
Mr. Sheldon is based in Los Angeles.
- California, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1985
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1984
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- Obtained $1.5M jury verdict for corporation against absconding Vice President who took corporation’s major client to his new company. (New trial granted, currently on appeal).
- Obtained defense award on commercial contract claim exceeding $27M in multi-week binding arbitration and obtained $.5M award on cross-complaint.
- Obtained TRO, preliminary and permanent injunctions and multi-million dollar federal court judgment for two international television networks against internet TV service provider which illegally intercepted and broadcast clients’ network feeds. Also prosecuted and obtained civil contempt judgment for violation of the injunction.
- Obtained defense judgment and $500,000 attorney fee award for defendant in multi-million dollar, multiple copyright infringement action on behalf of garment manufacturer and national retail chains.
- Obtained largest ever class action settlement in Los Angeles County in a slum housing case in partial pro-bono representation of victims.
- Obtained multi-million dollar jury verdict including punitive damages against large real estate brokerage company and its CEO.