Alexander Su focuses on cross-border commercial litigation and government enforcement matters. He assists a wide range of clients with their disputes, handling all phases from pre-litigation to trial to appeals. As he builds his transnational practice, Alex uses an interdisciplinary and international perspective to strategically assess clients' challenges, zoom in on the most pressing concerns, and deliver tailored solutions.
His previous work experiences include the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Major Crimes Division, San Francisco trial firm Minami Tamaki LLP, and the Veterans Legal Services Clinic at Yale Law School.
In the community, Alex serves on the Board for the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Los Angeles County. He is also a member of the Pacific Council on International Policy, where he has served as an NGO Observer to the Military Commissions proceedings in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, against the defendants accused of planning the September 11th terrorist attacks. He is also a member of the International Law Committee of the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association.
Prior to law school, Alex served as a Fulbright Fellow to South Korea. He is a graduate of Pomona College and the University of Michigan Law School. In law school, Alex advised startups as an Advanced Student-Attorney with a newly formed Entrepreneurship Clinic and helped run a provisional journal that attained permanent status.
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
Past Employment Positions
- Post-Graduate Fellow, Los Angeles County District Attorney, Major Crimes Division
- Minami Tamaki LLP, San Francisco, CA
- Veterans Legal Services Clinic, Yale Law School
- Obtained favorable settlement in commercial action with nearly $10 million in exposure arising out of record-sized criminal fraud prosecution in Republic of Korea
- Obtained return of $4 million plus in asset forfeiture action.
- Obtained dismissal of $55 million racial discrimination action brought by individual.
- Experienced in asset forfeiture actions, smuggling enforcement cases, and other transnational investigations.
- Served as second chair defense counsel for real estate entity during three week bench trial over an excess of $1million in liability that resulted in mistrial.
- Served on arbitration team in complex commercial landlord‐tenant lease dispute over millions of dollars in claimed damages.
- Served on trial team defending scientist‐entrepreneur in multi‐year complex commercial litigation in New York Supreme Court with $150 million at risk.
- Experienced in representing real estate entities (e.g., businesses, homeowners associations, mixed use developments, large hotels) in other various matters including unlawful detainers, discrimination investigations, zoning disputes, property damage disputes, derivative suits, ground leases, construction‐related disability access, and other enforcement actions.
- Pro Bono Advisory Council, Asian Americans Advancing Justice - LA