LimNexus has a sophisticated intellectual property litigation practice, which includes copyright, patent, trademark and trade secrets litigation before the state and the federal courts and the International Trade Commission. Our attorneys have extensive experience litigating intellectual property cases, as well as seeking provisional remedies in the form of temporary restraining orders and injunctions in order to protect our clients’ intellectual property rights. Our clients include large international companies and individual entrepreneurs. Our attorneys have litigated intellectual property matters in the following industries: Medical Devices, Biotech Software, Semiconductor, and Toys. We also have substantial expertise in advising broadcasting companies and other content providers as well as software and technology companies on licensing arrangements and other technology transactions.
- Information Technology and E-Commerce
- Intellectual Property Counseling
- Litigation (Copyright, Patent, Trademark, and Trade Secret)
- Technology Transactions
- Trademark Registration
- Represented corporate client in trademark infringement case involving unlawful use of confusingly similar Spanish language service marks, including mnemonic phone number by direct competitor in Spanish language legal advertising and referral service industry.
- Represented real estate developer in successfully opposing the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s refusal to register trademark for large commercial real estate development project based on alleged confusing similarity to previously registered trademark.
- Obtained Japanese trademark for American manufacturer under the Madrid System for the International Registration of Marks.
- Obtained summary judgment of non-infringement and invalidity in a patent infringement case on behalf of IBM, which was affirmed by the Federal Circuit.
- Coordinated, as counsel for the U.S. subsidiaries of South Korea’s three largest broadcasting companies, the joint prosecution of copyright infringement claims against multiple infringers in Virginia, Maryland and New York by retaining and working with local litigation attorneys.
- Advised the U.S. subsidiaries of South Korea’s three largest broadcasting companies on licensing arrangements with various licensees, including major U.S. satellite television broadcasters.
- Represented high-tech, start-up company in connection with technology licensing.
- Represented an international technology company in preparation of a joint software development agreement and licensing agreement.
- Obtained TRO, preliminary and permanent injunctions and multi-million dollar judgment for two television networks against internet TV provider who intercepted and re-broadcast their network content stream.
- Defeated multi-million dollar copyright claims, invalidated dozens of copyrights and obtained $500,000 judgment for attorneys fees for large garment manufacturer.
- Defend several fortune 500 national retail chains in copyright and trade dress litigation.